Little Lotus Yoga would like to introduce you to a cause that was started by the lovely Dee Brun, the Cocktail Deeva. LLY fully supports this endeavour and I hope that you visit the Heeling Hunger website, check out the fab shoes on the Heeling Hunger Facebook Page, donate fabulous shoes, buy some fab shoes from others and support families in need! Oh yea….and if you have any size 9 shoes I am waiting for them 😉
I am a huge advocate of cloth diapering and my lovely husband and I chose to cloth diaper our son. We like the fact that he doesn’t have chemicals close to his skin, we are not filling landfills with dirty diaper after dirty diaper, we can re-use our diapers with our future children and the cost savings of not having to buy diapers every time we go to the grocery store has been an added bonus!
Here is a great article from @refashionista who has much experience cloth diapering her 3 boys and also works at the Extraordinary Baby Shoppe. If you haven’t had a chance to stop in to the Shoppe I highly recommend you do so the next time you are in Hintonburg.
In this article Refashionista details what cloth diapers she would put on her wish list if she was starting to cloth diaper!
Check it out!
Thanks to @refashionista my baby boy has had a smooth bottom since we made her homemade diaper balm and used it the few times he has had a rash. Thanks to cloth diapering we have not had anymore rashes since his first two weeks home where those who have a babe know that they tend to have small nickel size bowel movements every time you change their diaper!
This diaper balm is extremely easy to use and yields quite a bit. We made it and have a large jar full of this wonderful balm!
Visit @refashionista’s site here to check out how to make your own at home!
Heading out on the road this summer with the kids and looking for some fun music that will uplift will bringing calmness and serenity to your family? Want something that will make you feel good while listening to the continuous “are we there yet?!” Actually, if you are practicing some of this car yoga, you may end some of the famous “are we there yet” questions.
Check out this fantastic playlist that has some of my favourite yoga music and tunes we use in our kids yoga classes!
1. Ease symptons such as morning sickness, backaches, shortness of breathe and fatigued limbs in a safe manner. Reduce leg swelling and insomnia.
2. Celebrate the life of your child in a calming way that centers your mind, body and spirit.
3. Prepare your body for the adjustments and adaptations the body will make throughout the pregnancy.
4. Take time out for yourself. We get so busy at work, other family events and preparing for the birth of the child that we sometimes forget about ourselves. Celebrate YOU!
5. Maintaining an active lifestyle during pregnancy can create a faster post partum recovery.
6. Meet women who are pregnant and preparing for their birth, just like you! Who know’s you may just make a new best friend or have future playdates for your little one.
7. Centre your mind,body and spirit as you prepare for the birth of your child. Your mind-body connection will assist you throughout the labouring process.
8. Become more in tune with your body. Individuals who understand their body have found the pushing process of labour to go faster.
9. Prepare for the labour and birth of your child by opening your hips, using meditation and calming breathing techniques.
10. You deserve this class and so does your child!
Heading out on a family car ride and looking for a great playlist that will calm your nerves, enjoyed by you and the kids? Check out the latest playlist I have created for my car and hope you enjoy it too!
Posted in Adult Yoga, Lifestyle, Preschool, School Age, Toddler
Tagged Amos Lee, car ride, children, Jamie Lidell, Jonas Brothers, Joseph Arthur, MC Yogi, Michael Franti, parenting, playlist, Radiant Child, Shakta Kaur Khalsa, Snatam Kaur, vacation, Wade Morissette, Ziggy Marley